02 August 2012

Red & White Card

I'm here with another card! I'd like to tell you a little about my style...I like simpler cards because I actually like to post them to people. When there is too much stuff on them they are too thick unless I put them in a box first and by then it costs a fortune to post it...lol. 

I also like to use lots of papers and accents that I print from my computer. I use lots of digital scrap kit and papers.

The card above came about as a theme for a card swap I belong to here in the UK. It was a crimson/red/pink theme. It all started with the red gingham ribbon and went from there. I made the big bow from 3 ribbons, 2 buttons stacked and white thread.

SUPPLY LIST:
White card base from The Paper Mill
Red generic cardstock
Flower and Dotted papers designed by me in Photoshop, printed with Epsom printer.
Gingham ribbon was free gift in a crafting magazine.
All other ribbons from Ribbon Oasis
3 mini sentiment clear stamps by MSE (My Sentiments Exactly)
red ink
white embroidery thread.

CHALLENGE ENTRIES:
Paper Take Weekly - used their sketch
Crafting When We Can - monochrome
Try It On Tuesday - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Focus on the ribbon


13 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Dorothy, love the layout and the papers are beautiful too. Thank you for your comments on my blog and following. I am now following yours too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorothy love the layout on this card love the reds and whites a great contrast and a gorgeous card, well done on your showcase too
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps good luck in my candy draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, love the stitching top and bottom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the colour and layout. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Dorothy - love the colours
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card and a great used of ribbon too! Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time for our Focus on Ribbon challenge, hugs Samantha :0)
    PS don't forget you can enter 3 projects and or 3 Tips too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done ! Fab card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, red and white always makes a statement xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Dorothy, I love it.
    hugs
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dorothy,
    A brilliant card love the red and white.
    Have become a follower
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, LOVE IT! What a gorgeous card and I love the sentiment too - perfect!

    Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Focus on the Ribbon' challenge. Don't forget you can add up to 3 projects AND 3 Top Tips!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card! just lpve the ribbon 'Union Jack'. Thank you for joining us at TioT, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...