16 May 2014

DSC # 88 Blue & Yellow

Happy Friday ya'll! That's my Southern coming out in me today...lol. So it's Friday and ya'll know what that means...it's time to show you my Design Team project for Digitally Sweet Challenges! This week's theme for you is Blue & Yellow and the sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps. We got to choose our own image and here's my project:

I made a card this week. I know it's a pretty basic design but I did alot of colourising in Photoshop and with Copics. The whole digi stamp was in black and white but I changed the colour of the text and digitally painted the rose and butterflies. I then used the rose and big butterfly to create matching papers that I printed out as well. I then just edged the papers and stamp with Black Soot Distress Ink and did lots of matting and layers in black and royal blue card. I used a Copic marker to change the colour of the Card Candy and added to the corners. My final touch was a bit of a fail that looks a little better in person is I added Pinflair Glaze to the bubbles in the digi stamp. The glaze absorbed into the paper too much and stained but it is really glossy when you see it live. Ah well.

One thing I am loving and that's my Perfect Layers rulers to created nice even layers. I got the full sized ones so I could use them on bigger projects as well as cards. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Get yourself some if you are "straight line challenged" like me...lol. I can't cut a straight line to save my life, even with a paper trimmer...even with a guillotine! Someone at one time must have told me to "get bent" and boy I sure did...LOLOLOL.

SUPPLIES USED:
Bugaboo Stamps - Image name 4 square Beleive (link goes right to image I used)
Blue Cardstock - From stash
Black Cardstock - 12" x 12" from Papermill Direct
Backing papers - created by me in PS CS3 using the digistamp
Copic Ciao Markers - B29 Ultramarine, B24 Sky, YR23 Yellow Ochre & YR17 Golden Yellow
Craftworks Card Candi - in silver
Pinflair Craft Glaze
Distress Ink - Black Soot

CHALLENGES ENTERED:
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes for a Male
Crafty Boots Challenge - Blue & White
Ooh La La Creations Challenge - Quotations
Just Inspirational Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafting for All Seasons - Things with Wings



13 comments:

  1. I love the color combo on this card, very pretty. Thanks for joining us at TTPH and good luck.

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful in every way........

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and beautiful colourisation. Thanks for joining the fun at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, beautifully designed and lovely colour palette. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning, the colours work so well together and you have produced amazing results :) Thanks for playing along with JIC this week, hope that you can join us next week. Sian (DT Co-Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card :) love your colour scheme :) thanks for joining us over at Through the Purple Haze challenges.
    Eithne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dorothy, perfect colors and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the images you used!

    Karen
    DSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty...just love this colour combo. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card. The Perfect Layers are fab, aren't they?
    Thanks so much for joining us at Ooh La La this week
    Anne
    x
    OLL DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the quadrant design. Thank you for joining in our quotations challenge at Ooh La La

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...