13 June 2014

DSC #92 - Holidays/Vacation

Yep, it's Friday and I'm here with my DT project for this week over at Digitally Sweet Challenges. Our theme was Holidays (UK) or Vacations (US) and we got to choose our own image to work with from our terrific sponsor, Lacy Sunshine Stamps! I've done another digital image this week as my craft room is a bit torn apart. More on that later.

(Click on image to see full size view)

This was completely done in Photoshop. I coloured in the digital image in a couple different ways each section on its own layer. Then to each layer I added an Inner Glow with a little bit of Noise. The colours I used came from the digital scrapbooking kit I used. I found a free clip art image of a tent. The background is a mountain image that I layered over papers from the kit. One paper was a gree/blue gradient then I added the cloud paper underneath and played with the Layer Properties so they blended well. The wording at the top eas done using an alpha that came with the scrap kit for the word "fun." I used the font Qarmic Sans for the word "camping." Al the other bits in the image and the frame are from the scrap kit.

A little about the scrap kit: I have been collecting freebie digital scrap kits since 2007 so you can image how many I have collected over the years. Funny thing is I couldn't find a camping kit so I improvised with this kit. It's no longer available so please do not ask me where it is. What I can tell you is it's called "Discovery" and its designed by Kim Cameron over at Daisies and Dimples. This freebie is a few years old and she has since closed her personal blog...sorry about that dearies.

My poor craft room is a bit blocked off at the moment as we had a water leak in our house. This has been going on awhile and the water company FINALLY came and rerouted the main supply but the pipe had to come in through half of my craft room. It's done now so I hope to be back in there this weekend! Hope so as I have a swap due and I want to do a video of my project. YIKES!

SUPPLIES USED:
Eleanor and Pickles Smores Digi Stamp - Lacy Sunshine Stamps
Free Stock Mountain Image - Photo Everywhere
Free Tent Clipart - Clipart Best
Digital Scrap Kit "Discovery" - Kim Cameron
Font Used "Qarmic Sans" - Font Squirrel

2 comments:

  1. Love the layout and what you have done in Photoshop, will have to try the "noise" you have used. Great gelling of images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scene and the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...